Starting November 1, 2012, Transat will introduce a new compensation plan for clients affected by an advanced flight schedule change on all South, Florida and Europe flights, packages and cruises. This new policy applies to all bookings made with Transat Holidays, for Air Transat or CanJet flights.
Applicable to schedule changes within 45 days of departure.
See below for the breakdown of this new compensation plan:
Schedule change of 3 to 12 hours
• Transat will offer a $50 voucher for future travel.
Schedule change of 12 to 24 hours
• Transat will offer a $75 voucher for future travel.
Schedule change of 24 hours or more and cancelled flights
• Clients can cancel their flight and are entitled to a full refund in the event of a schedule change of 24 hours or more.
• Transat will offer a $50 voucher for future travel to clients who cancel.
• Transat will offer a $100 voucher for future travel to clients who accept the date change.
• Clients who choose a product at a lower fare will be refunded the price difference, whereas clients who select a product at a higher fare will be required to pay the balance.
Schedule change of 3 hours or less
• No compensation will be offered to clients experiencing a schedule change that is delayed or advanced by 3 hours or less.